RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:34 pm 

Guys, so recently i tried to download the recent contents of Ricochet Infinity. But, each time i try to go to "The other galactic challenges" it crashes. And, it says "Ricochet Infinity has stopped working". Any answers will be highly appreciated. Thank you

edit: Also, i'm unavailable to switch to other sets. I thing there's something corrupted within the level set database. I've tried to re-install it but, still can't work...... :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:49 pm 

I tried it out. I can still download and play downloaded sets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:06 pm 

Long time no see, Arli.
I just tried downloading a set, and it worked fine.

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 am 

Hi guys. Long time no see you two. Probably, my computer has some specific damages. But, i still need to try it out. I hope it worked. Thanks for the feedbacks tho.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:02 pm 

It works for me. Perhaps your firewall is blocking Ricochet Infinity from accesing the internet. Try adding an exception for Ricochet Infinity's .exe file in your firewall's settings. If you can't do that tell me what firewall you're using and I'll try to help you with it.
P.S. This should be in the Technical Difficulties forum. this forum is for reviewing level sets.

RicoSet X - secret :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 am 

Arlington 101 wrote:
Guys, so recently i tried to download the recent contents of Ricochet Infinity. But, each time i try to go to "The other galactic challenges" it crashes. And, it says "Ricochet Infinity has stopped working". Any answers will be highly appreciated. Thank you

edit: Also, i'm unavailable to switch to other sets. I thing there's something corrupted within the level set database. I've tried to re-install it but, still can't work...... :(

Sometimes Ricochet won't me download levelsets. Then it just displays "Downloading catalog ..." and stops there. This has always been resolved by just waiting some time (hours, days). It's a long time since it has 'crashed' for me. I have reinstalled Infinity in such cases. (Please remember to make a backup of stats.dat first if you haven't already done so - but I'm sure you know that). If your levelset database is corrupted, the only solution might be to delete it (or move it somewhere else) before reinstalling Ricochet Infinity.

153,000+ rings (reached 153,000 on November 7, 2017)
Rank: Ultimate Legendary, Supreme Master of Infinity (reached at 100,000)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:44 pm 

Thanks guys! the installer might be corrupted for some reasons cuz, i already tried to re-install with the same installer and still didn't work. So, i might want to download from the other sources. Otherwise, thank you so much for the helps! glad the community still alive :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:34 pm 

Did you try to disable it in your firewall? Oh, and if that didn't work, I think you can still download .RicochetI files to put in your /Rounds folder of ALL the sets on the server by going to the levels page and choosing to download RAW files. (I think that's what they call them :P ). You won't be able to tag or vote on the sets you download like that though, but you can review them on the forums.

RicoSet X - secret :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:47 am 

It's no problem anymore. Tried to download the same installer and deleted the old one. Yeah the installer was corrupted. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help guys. So happy i can go back to RI again after all :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 am 

Arlington 101 wrote:
It's no problem anymore. Tried to download the same installer and deleted the old one. Yeah the installer was corrupted. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help guys. So happy i can go back to RI again after all :D

You installed the game again? You didn't lose your progress or anything, right?

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 am 

Unfortunately, I did lose it all. But, not be worried cuz at the end i only focus at creating level sets regardless of the achievements